The reckless, careless, and lawless

This is my opinion on the public transport system in Nigeria. My apologies for the late post.
It is common knowledge that without a private means of transportation, a Lagosian is left with the public transport system in Nigeria which is popular for youths like yours truly.
I was on my way back the other day with my mother when she began to complain about the nefarious danfo drivers. They stopped in the middle of the road and began to offload their passengers unto the busy traffic. She lamented how we were all at a stand still because they simply wanted to pick new passengers.
I cleverly remarked that they were lawless. She then asked me about keke drivers(tricycle) drivers. I said they were careless. Turning to me, thinking she finally had me, she asked, what about okada drivers? With a smirk I said they were reckless.
Although this story is comic now that I think about it, it's actually true. The lives of the passengers are truly in the hands of their maker. However, Nigerians have an adaptable spirit. If there is a porthole, they find out how to cleverly maneuver it. When there is no light, they find an alternative source of energy. We have evolved from candle to torchlight to inverter. We are simply the most resilient people ever known on planet earth.The Nigerian spirit is a fighter that's how come we are never overwhelmed by anything, clueless leaders, criminal executive's , thieving government officials , even the popularly coined recession which the market woman would claim as the reason behind the hike of her goods.
We are simply legendary :transport system or not

Comments

Popular Posts