Tales

I'll tell a tale
A short tale if you like
Of two lovers
Would you like the beginning, middle, or end first?

I'll start with the end
They lived happily ever after
Now that you have an idea of the end
We'll go to the beginning

And then there were two
Nkechi and Tayo
The oddest combination.
Nkechi's father was a palmwine tapper
Known within the four towns of Akanu for his fresh wine.

Tayo was the son of the first man in the village to go abroad
Never mind that where he went was Ghana.
He was said to be exposed.
He was revered.

Nkechi was a sight for sore eyes.
A beauty to behold
Tayo was tall and dark
The girls in Akanu called him ravishing
How they know this is beyond me
For I am a mere storyteller.

They met one evening at the local church
Nkechi was in a hurry to rush back to her father
Tayo was talking with his friends
When all of a sudden....
You like story sha

Oya I will tell you
Nkechi tapped Tayo on his shoulder thinking he was her friend Charles.
He turned back and saw her.
She was apologetic

She walked away embarrassed
Wondering aloud how she could have been so stupid.
Tayo chased her
They talked for hours
Until Nkechi realised it was late.
Tayo collected her number

The end of this story you already know
The beginning is concluded
The middle however
You shall find later!

Comments

  1. Hmmm...I like the concept. But,the story needs more salt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the story is going so far. It flows nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ekene I appreciate your input. I will try to keep up the tempo.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts