The Gift

There's so much wrapped in me.
Yes me.
The little me.
Or the big me.
Whichever you choose.
The deal is no matter the size I've got so much potential.
I can be so much.
As long as I try.
Bold steps in the face of destiny.
Journeying through strange deserts.
High and low are the situations of the seas.
The crack of dawn symbolizes a new morn.
But the question is will we fight on?
Will we hold on to that which we wish for to get something that might not exist?
Will we hope aloud?
Are we going to voice out our whispers?
Or remain as silent as night, as floods overwhelm us?
What really do we have to lose?
Or better still what do we have to gain?
Questions in the sands of time.
The seashores of time sweeping the seas of reason.
Justice arising like a fire burning all in its wake.
What exactly do we wish to be remembered for?
What footprints will we leave on the sands of time?
Will we run when we see defeat?
Will we stumble in the dark?
Or will we arise and push limiting doors open?
Living possibility in its wake...
All these questions arising from another...
What question you might ask?
What gift are you leaving as a compass for the next generation?

Image taken from the internet

Comments

  1. Wow Grace, I must say I'm overwhelmed by this write-up. I mean so much power in how many lines. May God continually bestow upon you the wisdom to keep writing wonderful pieces. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tumy.We are inspired by scholars like you.However,I give God all the glory.Thank you.😆

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts