Boy meets girl

Kehinde looked at Chidinma tucked in the corner.She was a vision in a pink dress.It was the annual party at their company. Kehinde had  a huge crush on Chidinma since forever but had never had enough guts to tell her.The idea of commitment scared him but right now he was ready to take the leap and tell her how he felt.She was petite and hardworking. Chidinma had  a heart melting smile. He was smitten.She was soft spoken and beautiful. He had only spoken once or twice but she was smart and witty. He was in the marketing department and she was in the accounting department of the firm.

"You know she doesn't bite."An amused voice said behind him.Kehinde turned and saw Chukwudi.He sighed.

"I know."Kehinde nodded.

"Then go already. "Chukwudi nudged him.

"Why are you so interested all of a sudden?"Kehinde raised a brow.

"Oh nothing. .."Chukwudi paused."Its just that you need to seize the moment and you're just not fun when you're like this."

Kehinde looked at Chukwudi like he grew  a third eye."That's not true."

"It is.You're a sarcastic bore."Chukwudi laughed.He pushed him."Now go before I hit you."

Kehinde walked to Chidinma."Hi.You look incredible."

"Thanks. You look nice too."She smiled and he stuttered, amazed at her smile.

"Um...thanks.You seem a little lonely. Did you come with someone? "

"Yeah but she's dancing. I guess I'm boring."She shrugged sadly.

"No you're not. "

"How do you know that?"She queried.

"You make interesting conversation. "

"Well I don't know about that..."

"You can't let other people dictate who you are."

"You're right. "She grinned. "Your team has done pretty well this year."

"I guess."He smiled. "Do you like working here?"

"Sort of.Don't get me wrong its awesome.I just want something better. "She shrugged.

"I completely understand. "He paused."There's something I've been meaning to tell you."

"Really? "Her eyes lit up with curiosity.

"Yeah."He smiled. "I like you...alot.I was hoping we could go out for dinner or something?"

She looked at him.He hesitated wishing he hadn't said anything.

"Yeah."She smiled. "I would love to."

Comments

  1. Hmmn..patiently awaiting the next episode!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Your patience will be rewarded!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts