Bus trips

It was 7:15.I was on my way to school, in a danfo,when I was shocked by the conductor's greeting.He greeted me and called me sister.Surprised,I turned to him and greeted him, just as politely.
A male passenger kept eyeing me from the side of his eye.Hmm,na you sabi o!I said in my mind.
As a female passenger barely hid her admiration of my clothing,I speculated that there was something going on.It's not everyday I'm admired.
I got down from the bus, and a few guys gawked at me.They complimented me.I was now sure that there was a conspiration going on somewhere and I was the last one to know about it.
A man offered me a ride in his car,which I politely declined despite his pleas. I smiled as I walked away from him and his car.Ah ha!I now figured what was going on!

I was well dressed.To the T!You should have seen me.White blouse,navy blue skirt,jacket and fancy sandals.

You see,I won't have gotten compliments if I wore my usual shirt and jeans!

"How you dress is how you will be addressed."My Mom continually says to me."You can't dress like a masquerade and expect that people will take you seriously!"

Comments

  1. That's true my sister will always complain about the way I walk on the road and when I made an effort. I could feel a different vibe she isn't shy to take walks with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chucks! It's good to know the importance of dressing well!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts