Boy meets girl and falls in love

Dedicated to stella thomas!

Chidinma looked at her wardrobe.All of a sudden nothing seemed appropriate for her date with Kehinde.
She sighed and decided to call her all time bestie and fairy godmother.Ebun.
She dialled and instictively chuckled at her ello bae ring tone.
She picked at last.
"Ebun!"She wailed."I have nothing to wear and my date is in an hour!"
"See you agbaya.You no fit greet.I dey come just wait joor.Dey do like small baby."She smirked.
"Thank you! "She blew kisses into the phone.
"Abeg save that one for Kehinde na him need am pass."She ended the call.
Chidinma blushed.Five minutes later Ebun arrived with her fairy dust.
"Oya do quick oh!"Ebun handed her dress which she immediately loved.It was a dress that screamed I'm hot and dignified. It was a black dress with a high neck,A line skirt and a low back.
She gasped. "Babe this dress fine sha..."Ebun smiled and scurried her away.She got into a room and hurriedly dressed up.
Ebun dragged her upstairs as she did her makeup. There were light touches and heavy prodding.When Ebun finally let her look in the mirror she wondered who was staring back at her. She looked breathtaking!
"Ebun..."Chidinma trailed off looking for the appropriate word.

"Wetin?"

"This is amazing."Chidinma looked at her reverently.

"I know. Listen enjoy yourself,okay? No fall my hand oh?I gotta run. Gist me oh!'Ebun said in a rush as she left the room.

Chidinma took her purse and wore shoes to match.She went downstairs with three minutes to spare. At exactly 7:59 Kehinde showed up at her door looking dapper .

"Wow!"He exclaimed looking at her with amazed eyes. "You look beautiful. "

She smiled. "You look dapper."

"All for you.We should get going."He opened the door of his jeep with a smirk.She got in with a grin after murmuring thank you.

The drive was comfortably silent as she relaxed in his leather seats. The car smelled nice.Something fruity and exotic.Hmm.

They got to the restaurant in no time.When they were seated,a waitress came.

"Please can I take your order?"The waitress smiled flirtatiously at Kehinde.Chidinma smiled.

"I'll like jollof rice,chicken and salad.I'll liķe a cocktail too."He reached across the table and touched her arm."Dear,what would you like?"

"Fried rice, turkey and plantain. I think I'll have some of your cocktail,dear."The waitress looked uncomfortable.

"Ok."She walked away as quickly as she could.
They both laughed.
"My God.So, who is Chidinma Akabike?"Kehinde asked seriously.

"Mmm.I am a lady who loves to have fun with friends and family. I like going out.I love movies.I studied at Unn.The only university in Nigeria."She chuckled as Kehinde rolled his eyes."I love cooking and eating.That's not probably the best thing to sat on a first date but its true.How about you?"

"Please say what you want to.I am more of an indoor's guy.Watching football,hanging out,swimming that kinda thing.I used to model.Oh and I'm a graduate of the university of Lagos ..
Nation's pride."They both burst into laughter.

"If I hear.Nation's pride ni,nation's pride kor.But on a serious note, its cool you used to model."

He shrugged."In my university days.I would have continued but after awhile I got tired. It was about the time my contract expired,so I guess I was lucky.

"Wow.I'm sure you were a great model tho."

"Yeah...I was. Thanks tho. So which kind of movies do you like?'

"Action,Chick flick,Romcom...That's about it."

"Wow,I have to say I'm impressed."Another waitress brought the food and Kehinde nodded grinning. "Maybe one of these days we can go see a movie? "

"Is that another date?I can barely get through this one!"They both laughed.

"You're so funny."They ate in a comfortable silence.The food was exquisite."You know,I really like you,Chidinma.I know this might seem cheesy but I think we have a future...together.Would you be my girlfriend? "

"Yeah. "She smiled. "It is not cheesy."

"If you say so.I got you something."He gave her a box.

She opened it.It was a diamond necklace with matching earrings.
"This is amazing! Kehinde!"She leaned and hugged him.

"I'm glad you like it."He smiled.He had an entrancing smile.He was handsome but his smile lit him up.

"I love it."She gushed.

"May I?"He gestured to the necklace.She nodded.He helped her put it on.

"Thanks."She touched the pendant that was in the shape of a diamond.

"I think we should get going."They walked outside holding hands.It was romantic in a silly mushy way that Chidinma wasn't used to.But she was willing to try.

The drive back was fun as they listened and sang to Tuface's African Queen.When they finally got to her house ,she didn't want to go.

She smiled."I enjoyed myself. Thank you."

"You're welcome. "Kehinde brushed a kiss on her cheek.She glowed.She got out of the car.
They waved as he drove off.

Chidinma called Ebun as she settled on her bed, later that night.
"Ebun I had the best date ever..."

Image taken from Internet 

Comments

Popular Posts